Skip to main content

#3 TED Talks:The little risks you can take to increase your luck



About the TED Talks

C  Topic: The little risks you can take to increase your luck
C  Speaker’s name: Tina Seelig
C  Duration: 11min 40 sec 
C  Brief introduction: Tina Seelig shares three ways to increase your luck
1.Try to take some risks and get out of your comfort zone
2.Show appreciation to people
3.Change relationship with ideas

Vocabulary/Phrases

1.       entrepreneur (n.)
someone who starts a company, arranges business deals, and takes risks in order to make a profit
e.g. Being an entrepreneur is a way of fulfilling your creative potential.

2.       isolated (adj.)
an isolated building, village, etc is far away from any others
e.g. Police say that last week’s protest was an isolated incident.

3.       quantum mechanics (n.)
the scientific study of the way that atoms and smaller parts of things behave
e.g. Here, quantum mechanics provides us with a remarkable economy.

4.       intellectual (adj.)
relating to the ability to understand things and think intelligently → mental
e.g. A job that requires considerable intellectual effort.

5.       ethical (adj.)
relating to principles of what is right and wrong
e.g. The use of animals in scientific tests raises difficult ethical questions.

My comment


    After watching the video, I realized that luck is always around us. However, if you want to increase luck, you need to do something different. First, get out of your comfort zone and take some risks, try something that you are afraid of before. Second, say thank you to people who have helped you, an easy word may let you have a great relationship with people and may also bring some unexpected opportunities to you. Last, ideas are neither good or bad, sometimes that bad ideas may change into remarkable ideas, so what you should do is to turn it into something brilliant with your creativity.
    I start to try these things that Tina Seelig have shared. Even if sometimes I don't adapt very well, I make an effort to catch the wind of luck and hope that I can further from luck someday.💪💪


Comments

  1. This is quite an inspiring talk. I'm glad you have tried to do what Tina suggested. Good luck, Lily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#1 About myself

Hi ~~ My name is Lily. I major in Public Finance and Tax Administration. Coming from Kaohsiung, Fengshan. There are five people in my family👪, parents, elder brother and elder sister.👩👨👦👧👧  In my free time, I like to visit scenic spots🏰 and taste famous food🍡in Taipei with friends, like Longshan Temple, Shilin night market,  Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, and so on.  I also like to watch Korean drama and listen to music in my spare time. I am glad to join the class and hope that I can learn how to use the resources on the Internet to improve my English skills.😀😀 

#9 Open Courseware: Improving Your Business Through a Culture of Health

Class : Improving Your Business Through a Culture of Health School : Harvard University Feelings : I have never heard about the Open Courseware so this is the first time that I get to know more the website. Some of the courses are too difficult for me to understand and they are not related to the subjects that we learn in school so I choose the easier one that I can understand more easily. There are various subjects that you can choose and the caption is at the right side of the video which can help me know what the professor is talking about.